Last week we welcomed 100 event professionals to Smiths of Smithfield for networking and an inspirational talk from Mark Leruste, Founder of the Unconventionalists, on 'The Secret to High-Performing Events Teams.'
Guests were welcomed to the No.3 Restaurant and Terrace at Smiths of Smithfield and treated to a glass of bubbles as the sunset over Smithfield Market. Drinks and canapés flowed as people explored the venue and waited in anticipation for Mark Leruste.
Mark Leruste is a regular speaker on leadership and professional development topics, this time turning his attention to how events teams can perform and results.
So, what exactly is the secret?
- Create a sense of purpose - How? There are three things you need: a sense of belonging, a sense of contributing something other than yourself, and a sense that you are growing individually.
- Everyone is a leader - understand that every has the capacity to step up regardless of job titles.
- Have a legacy mindset - you understand that the time in the team is finite - leave the organisation in better place than they found it and you leave a better employee than when you started.
- Trust deeply and fully - create psychological safety, this is an individuals perception of taking personal risk. Can employees ask for help without the fear of repercussions?
- Existential flexibility - the ability (courage and conviction) to dramatically change your strategy to alter your course.
Watch the full video here.
Following Mark's talk, our guests were entertained by Musicians Inc and kept hydrated by Thirsty Thoughts and their EEG powered beer pouring robots, that allows you to pour a beer with just your mind.
The four storey, Grade II listed venue can be found in an enviable Farringdon location, just metres from Smithfield Market. Each floor has it's own distinct personality, from the stylish Death & Victory cocktail bar to a celebration of meat at The Grill and of course the stunning views from the top floor, No.3 Restaurant and Terrace.
Simple, elegant and filled with natural daylight. The No.3 Restaurant and Terrace is a true showstopper. With views that stretch to St Paul's Cathedral it's the ideal spot for a drink in the sunshine, but that's not all. The space can be transformed for conferences, award ceremonies and weddings, all complete with the outstanding food and drink on which the venue prides itself.
The venue also has two private rooms for hire on the first floor, The Gallery Room and The Market Room. Both beautifully decorated and complete with AV equipment, they are perfect for meetings for up to 20. They spaces also work well for intimate private dining events.
To book your next event at Smiths of Smithfield, get in touch with our Venue Experts here.
A big thank you to Smiths of Smithfield for being our hosts for the evening alongside Thirsty Thoughts, Musicians Inc and of course Vinyl Impression for providing all the graphics and London Filmed for capturing the evening in film and photo.