Charity Ball Venues in London
Your charity ball is for a good cause, so it deserves to be memorable. Take your pick from these unforgettable charity ball venues in London.
Charity Ball Venues In London Ideas
The Council Chamber is equipped with state of the art audio visual facilities including HD projector, 190" screen, hearing loop, lectern with Microphone, PA System, hand held and lapel microphones. This is the perfect London presentation, hybrid event, meeting and training space. Featuring natural day light from large sash windows, the room is ideal for conferences for up to 70 people.See Venue
We are famed for hosting the best events particularly when live music is involved. We make the perfect venue for all special birthday celebrations and parties. With two big bars and large stage and dance floor make your next party memorable. Under the Bridge can also host Wedding parties, Bar mitzvahs, Afterparties, Q&As, Sport screenings, comedy and product launches.See Venue
Book your event at the ROSL Garden, and it's sure to be a success. A beautiful space to use for a drinks reception, wedding reception, business drinks, birthday celebration, or simply a place to relax and have a drink with friends. The Garden may be hired on a semi-exclusive basis for groups of up to 100 guests standing. The ideal spot to enjoy an afternoon gathering or an evening reception in the summer.See Venue
From gala dinners and award ceremonies to charity fundraisers and private celebrations the Underglobe can accomodate up to 350 guests for seated events. Our kitchen team delivers restaurant-quality dishes from our on-site kitchens that are inspired by the seasons alongside free-flowing fine and English wine packages. The Underglobe has an exclusive riverside entrance on London's picturesque Bankside, a private mezzanine for arrival drinks and a sweeping staircase. The venue also features a built-in stage, high-spec sound, lighting and projection systems and a life-sized model oak tree.See Venue
The Ballroom is perfect for your special occasion events including glamorous Awards ceremonies, Product launches, Premieres and receptions of all kinds. Described by English Heritage as 'the grandest example of a Victorian ballroom in existence', our unique Ballroom is the centrepiece of London's most central venue. The expert team at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London's most central venue, can help with every aspect of your event. With years of experience in corporate hospitality, our team is here to ensure that your event surpasses all of your expectations.See Venue
The Cornwall and Crown Suites are immediately striking. The Crown Suite has a breathtaking ornate domed ceiling and contemporary furnishings with decadent colours. The Cornwall Suite has an abundance of natural daylight and impresses with its intricate designs. Ideal for impressing clients during networking events and versatile enough to cater to most types of events, whether they are exhibitions, awards dinners or anniversary celebrations. The rooms are versatile enough to be set up to in any way without imposing on the heavy sense of class and elegant.See Venue
Looking for a quirky and unique venue then the Monster Bars are perfect! Built within the vaults of London Bridge these are really versatile event spaces. Their exposed brickwork, freaky decor and 2,000 years of history provide the perfect backdrop for your event. Perfect for product launches, networking events, drinks reception, movie nights, team building events, birthday parties and celebrations and many more. Scary screenings, spooky Halloween nights fancy dress parties all welcome too!See Venue
Grade II listed Porchester Hall is a timeless art deco venue in the City of Westminster, popular for private parties, conferences, weddings, fashion shows, charity galas and concerts alike. The lavish Main Hall can accommodate up to 630 guests for a standing event; 450 theatre style; or 450 for a seated dinner; with numerous ancillary spaces for backstage or breakout areas. The venue has a recommended caterer list but also offers dry-hire for flexibility, along with corkage and cash bar options.See Venue
As one of the oldest and most spacious venues in London, the Porter Tun is a stunning space perfect for large events such as conferences, awards evenings, exhibitions and fashion shows. Features include an exposed King Post timber roof giving a span of 60ft above a 778 square metre antique wooden floor, along with a large raised balcony ideal for a presentation platform or reception area. It is equipped with state of the art sound system, Wifi, and fully integrated LED lighting system. This space is fully air controlled and has natural daylight. The Malt Room can be booked as a green room.See Venue
Disappear behind the wine shelf, revealing a secret entrance to The Living Room! Guests will descend the stairs to the hidden private dining room below, featuring eye-catching, tropical wall treatments Booking a seated dinner event within The Living Room, offers a truly unique event space in London. Meraki utilises smaller round tabletops and lush velvet seating in rich, jewel-tone colours, with a sharing style menu concept, enhancing the opportunity for guests to socialise during the meal. No more getting stuck with the same person all night!See Venue
The Waldorf Hilton hotel is the perfect setting for refined celebratory events. Delight guests at private parties and lavish celebrations in the magnificent Adelphi Suite, an extraordinary venue for up to 900 guests for a reception. You can now hire the Adelphi Suite along with Palm Court for the same price if you wish to hold a large-scale event.See Venue
Situated in the heart of the City between Cornhill and Lombard Street and seconds from the transport hub of Bank Station, Banking Hall is a versatile events venue. A timeless classic, this stunning venue combines the best of old with the best of new. The grand main hall is an inspiring, art-deco setting for dinners, exhibitions and receptions with classic menus offer British favourites with a contemporary twist.See Venue
A bright event space, this room is located on the first floor adjacent to the George Thomas Room and can hold a maximum of 60 delegates for a standing reception or 25 delegate if set up in a boardroom style of seating. The room is bright and airy and it is suitable for meetings, training sessions, catering or as a large syndicate room. There are two television that are available to show presentations or watch videos on. The Dinsdale Young Room has natural daylight and blackout facilities.The price listed is indicative and may vary depending on the nature of the event.See Venue
See all Charity Ball Venues in London
More about Charity Ball Venues in London
Charity balls are a great way to raise money for a good cause. Not only do they provide a fun night out for guests, but they also offer a unique opportunity to get involved in the community and support a good cause. If you're looking to host your own charity ball, there are a few things you need to know before you get started.
What is a charity ball?
A charity ball is a formal event that is typically held to raise money for a good cause. Charity balls usually feature a dinner, dancing, and a silent auction or other fundraising activities. They offer a unique opportunity for guests to get involved in the community and support a good cause. Charitable events of this kind are often hosted by schools, churches, or non-profit organisations.
What to consider when searching for a charity ball venue in London
London is home to some of the best charity event venues in the world. From museums and event spaces to banqueting halls and hotels, there's sure to be a venue that meets your needs. But with so many options available, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are a few things to consider when searching for charity event venues in London.
- Budget: Charity balls can be costly affairs, so it's important to have a clear idea of how much you're willing to spend before you start looking for an event space. Once you know your budget, you can begin to narrow down your options.
- Dry hire or wet hire: Venues can be dry hire or wet hire, while some will offer both options. Dry hire means that you'll be responsible for sourcing your own catering and entertainment, while wet hire includes these things in the price of the venue. Dry hire may initially look cheaper but remember, you'll then need to factor in the cost of catering, entertainment and decorations.
- Location: London is a large city, so it's important to consider the location of your venue. You'll need to think about how easy it will be for guests to get to the venue and whether there's public transport nearby.
- Capacity: A charity event will often attract a large number of guests, so it's important to choose a venue that can comfortably accommodate your expected number of attendees.
- Event aims: It's important to have a clear idea of what you want to achieve with your charity event. Is this a fundraising event that aims to raise a specific amount of money? Are you hoping to increase awareness of a particular cause? Once you know your aims, you can begin to look for a venue that will help you achieve them.
Types of charity event venues in London
Wondering what types of venues tend to be popular for charity balls in London? You're in the right place. London is teaming with venues that are perfect for a charity ball, but here are some venue types that are especially well-suited to this kind of occasion.
If you're looking for an unusual charity event venue, why not consider hosting your event on a boat? Boats offer a variety of different spaces that can be hired for a charity event, from large decks perfect for dancing to cosy cabins ideal for more intimate gatherings. And with many boats offering stunning views of London's skyline, your guests are sure to be impressed. One of our top charity event venues is Cutty Sark – a historical ship situated on the shore of the Thames in Greenwich. Guests can sip champagne and nibble canapes on the deck before enjoying a charity dinner and dancing in The Dry Berth, a stunning event space beneath the hull of the ship.
London is home to some of the world's most iconic museums, making them a popular choice for charity balls. Whether you're looking for a grand setting like the Foundling Museum or something more unusual like the Museum of London Docklands, you're sure to find a museum that's perfect for your event. We love the London Transport Museum if you're looking for somewhere iconic and truly memorable. Not only will guests get to dine and dance amongst early tube carriages and red London buses, but there'll even be a chance for them to try out the venue's popular Elizabeth Line driving experience!
London is full of stunning hotels that would make an ideal setting for a charity ball. Whether you're looking for a 5-star hotel with all the trimmings or something more budget-friendly, there'll be no shortage of options for your event. The Bloomsbury has a range of opulent spaces to suit your event style and capacity. Located close to Covent Garden, it's recently undergone a multimillion-pound redesign that's guaranteed to wow your guests.
For a truly grand setting, look no further than a traditional hall. These large and impressive spaces are perfect for charity balls, offering plenty of room and character for your guests to mingle, dance and dine in style. There's no shortage of contenders, but the Grade II listed Banking Hall is certain to capture your attendees' imaginations. Its unique Art Deco charm, exquisite menus and exceptional service make this a truly memorable venue.
If you're looking for a charity event venue with a difference, why not consider hiring a theatre? London's theatres offer a variety of different spaces that can be hired for events, from the grand auditoriums to more intimate backstage areas. And with many theatres located in the heart of the West End, your guests will be spoilt for choice when it comes to entertainment. Situated beneath Shakespeare's Globe Theatre on Bankside, the Underglobe is bursting with atmosphere. With a built-in stage and high-spec sound, lighting and projection systems, it has everything you need to host an event with a bang!
If you're planning a summer charity ball or corporate fundraising event, an outdoor venue could be the perfect choice. From scenic gardens to rooftops with panoramic views, there are plenty of options to choose from in London. The Artillery Garden at The HAC could be ideal. As the largest garden in the City of London, it boasts over five acres of outdoor space. Just add a marquee for your charity dinner and there'll still be plenty of room for outdoor activities (bouncy castles anyone?).
If you're looking for a charity event venue with a difference, consider hiring a gallery. These light and airy spaces are perfect for drinks receptions and can often be hired for a reduced rate outside of opening hours. And with many galleries located in central London, your guests will have easy access to public transport and all the city's attractions. If you're after somewhere truly wow-worthy, you can't get much better than the National Gallery itself. A real London institution overlooking Trafalgar Square, it's got that exclusive feeling that you can't get just anywhere. Imagine sipping champagne surrounded by some of the most famous paintings in the world!
Tips for choosing the perfect charity event venues in London
Now that you know what to consider when searching for charity event venues in London, it's time to start your search. But where should you begin? Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect charity ball venue in London.
- Start your search early: Charity events can be popular, so it's important to start your search early. This will give you the best chance of finding a venue that meets your needs.
- Ask for recommendations: If you know someone who has hosted a charity ball before, ask them for their recommendations. They'll be able to give you insights into what to look for in a venue and help you avoid any pitfalls.
- Think outside the box: Charity balls don't have to be held in traditional venues. Consider unique spaces like art galleries, museums, or even outdoor locations. In this way, you can make sure your charity ball is unlike any other!
- Use Hire Space's search tool: Hire Space's search tool makes it easy to find the perfect venue for your charity ball. Simply enter your event requirements and we'll provide a list of suitable venues for you to choose from.
- Ask an expert: Not sure which venue is right for you? Our team of venue experts are on hand to help. We'll work with you to understand your needs and recommend the best venues for your event.
- Read reviews: Once you've found a few potential venues, take some time to read reviews from previous clients. This will give you an idea of what to expect from the venue and help you make an informed decision. Choosing the perfect charity event venue in London can be a daunting task but with these tips, you'll be sure to find a venue that meets your needs.
How much does a charity ball venue in London cost?
The cost of hiring a charity event venue in London will depend on a number of factors, including the size and type of the venue and its location. Assuming you're opting for wet hire, prices will also vary based on the type of food and drinks package you choose, and what kind of entertainment you want. However, as a general rule, you can expect to pay around £55-£150 per person for a charity ball venue in London. Of course, if you're planning a large event, you may need to budget more accordingly. But if you're working with a smaller budget, there are plenty of charity event venues in London that will be able to accommodate your needs too.
How to find the perfect charity ball venue
If you're ready to find charity event venues in London, you're in the right place. To start with, you can browse our top charity event venues above. Or just use our search tool to immediately uncover venues that match your needs exactly. You can amend the filters so that you only see venues that match your criteria, from your budget to your ideal capacity, location and more. Alternatively, if you need a bit of extra help, don't hesitate to get in touch with our venue experts. They'll be happy to take down the details of your next charity event before recommending some venues that could be perfect.
Tips for creating a successful charity event
Now that you've chosen the perfect venue for your charity event, it's time to start planning the event itself. Here are a few tips to help you make your charity ball a success.
- Set a budget: Charity balls can be costly affairs, so it's important to set a budget before you start planning. This will help you stay on track and avoid overspending.
- Choose a date well in advance: Work with your chosen venue to set a date for your charity event well in advance. Keep in mind that many popular venues get booked up quickly, so it's important to start planning early.
- Settle on a dress code: It's important to be really clear about the style of your event when you're inviting guests. Will it be black tie? Or a more relaxed affair? Often, the more luxurious you can make your event feel, the more likely you'll be to attract larger numbers of guests, and your dress code certainly has an impact!
- Plan the entertainment: No charity ball is complete without entertainment. Whether you're hiring a band or choosing a DJ, be sure to plan ahead so you can ensure your guests have a night to remember. Check out more experiential event suppliers too, for example you might want your guests to have fun decorating their own ice lollies!
- Organise transport: Depending on where your event venue is situated and where your guests are coming from, you might want to consider organising transport to and from the event. This will ensure everyone arrives safe and sound and will also allow your guests to enjoy the night completely, without having to assign a designated driver!
- Get creative: Charity balls are a great opportunity to get creative. Whether you're organising a silent auction or planning a fun photo booth, there are plenty of ways to add your own personal touch to the event.
- Put your cause centre stage: Charity events are all about raising money and awareness for a good cause, so be sure to put yours centre stage. This could include organising a raffle or auction, or simply making sure your guests are aware of the work you do and why you're holding the event.
- Have fun: Charity balls can be a lot of work, but don't forget to have fun! After all, it's all for a good cause.
About Charity Ball Venues in London
London's has a host of wonderful Charity Ball Venues for hire. Choose from museums, event venues, banqueting halls, hotels and theatres for hire.
If you aren't sure on what budget you are looking at yet, don't worry! One of our experienced venue experts can help you work out a package price (per head) to include hire, AV, and a dinner and drinks menu that will entice your guests to buy tickets by the table! Hire Space also have a fabulous list of partners who can supply entertainment for the evening too.
We've selected some of our favourites on this page, but if you'd like a few more options, just contact our experienced Venue Expert team via the green button below. They'll reply with a proposal of venues to suit your brief, with best prices negotiated, and all for free. Happy venue finding!
Frequently asked questions
Do venues offer a discounted rate for charities?
What are the best charity ball venues in London?
What should I include in the package at a Charity Ball?
What people are saying about us
Charity Ball Venues Blog Posts
Hire Space 360 is everything the modern event planner needs to create memorable events, in-person online.
Standardised Digital Contracting
An Online Event Platform
Flexible per event pricing - No annual fee commitmentFind out more